Re: [bug fix] pg_ctl always uses the same event source

From: "MauMau" <maumau307(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Amit Kapila" <amit(dot)kapila16(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-hackers" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [bug fix] pg_ctl always uses the same event source
Date: 2014-01-20 12:08:55
Lists: pgsql-hackers

From: "Amit Kapila" <amit(dot)kapila16(at)gmail(dot)com>
> Do you think without this the problem reported by you is resolved
> completely.
> User can hit same problem, if he tries to follow similar steps mentioned
> in
> your first mail. I had tried below steps based on description in your
> first mail:
>
> If user register/unregister different versions of pgevent.dll blindly,
> then I think
> any fix in this area could not prevent the error "event source not found"

OK, I'll add a check to prevent duplicate registration of the same event
source with the message:

"The specified event source is already registered."

Please correct me if there's better expression in English.

Are there any other suggestions to make this patch ready for committer? I'd
like to make all changes in one submission.

Regards
MauMau