Re: data types oid and oidvector

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: 'Camila Rocha' <camilarrocha(at)hotmail(dot)com>, pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: data types oid and oidvector
Date: 2002-04-10 08:00:54
Lists: pgadmin-support

It's not a good idea to use oid's as foreign keys as they may change if you
dump/reload your database. For this reason, I think PostgreSQL disallows the
use of them.

iirc, the oidvector column is an array of oid's type. You should look in the
PostgreSQL manuals (in the pgAdmin helpfile) for more details, if not, try a
post to pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org <mailto:pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org> .

Regards, Dave.