Re: RFD: PostgreSQL Schema Support

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: 'Rod Taylor' <rbt(at)zort(dot)ca>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: RFD: PostgreSQL Schema Support
Date: 2002-04-05 19:40:10
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Aha, you'll be Jean-Michel's best friend for a good long while when you
submit that patch I'm sure. I've knocked a number of his ideas that I wasn't
convinced we could handle the dependencies reliably enough to implement
well. Our discussions just kept coming back to 'we need to wait for a
pg_depend'.

> You know.. Drop serials with drop of the table. Restrict
> table dropping if it's referenced via foreign key, won't let
> you drop the int4 type because it's used in a ton of places...
>
> Mind you, CASCADE on drop of type OID could be interesting...

It's almost tempting to try it!

Regards, Dave.