Re: WinCVS again, sorry...

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "'pgsql(at)timfinch(dot)cix(dot)co(dot)uk'" <pgsql(at)timfinch(dot)cix(dot)co(dot)uk>, pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: WinCVS again, sorry...
Date: 2002-03-18 20:38:02
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

They occur because you've updated a file and it needs committing. *However*,
WinCVS seems to colour the files by checking the last modified time. VB
always touches the .frx files when the .frms are updated, even if they don't
change, but CVS won't update them 'cos it knows they haven't changed, so you
often end up with red files that don't need updating.

So, if you still have red files after a commit, you can get rid of them by
doing an update on the folder.

> 2. I have a Red C 'conflict' file. Do I have to do anything?

*Normally* when you do an update, if a conflict occurs it will tell you
where it's stored it. Manually edit the file in a text editor to resolve the
conflict and re-commit.

In this case, because you were doing an update on the pgadmin2 dir, it must
have found a fairly major change that it can't merge (have you been
experimenting with the code perhaps?). You can either:

1) Check the conflicts in the affect files and manually resolve them.
2) Do another update, but tick the 'Get the clean copy' box which will
ensure your copy matches the CVS.
3) Don't update and keep your experimental code.

Cheers, Dave.