Re: pgAdminII bug ?

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "'r-calder(at)onebox(dot)com'" <r-calder(at)onebox(dot)com>
Cc: "'pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pgAdminII bug ?
Date: 2002-03-17 20:21:22
Lists: pgadmin-support

Please use the pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org list for future support
issues.

Yes, those are special characters in the connection string. I guess we're
not quoting the password properly - I'll take a look.

> Weirdness : My normal password has the sequence }{
> Using it will produce the error in the attached file.
> If I tell pgAdmin my password uses {} (note the reverse) then
> it lets me in just fine, and this
> is without changing Linux, on Linux it still is the }{ !

That sounds like your client is trusted by the postgresql server (check
$PGDATA/pg_hba.conf). On my test system I get password authentication
failed.

Thanks for the report,

Regards, Dave.