Re: Wine support

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "'jm(dot)poure(at)freesurf(dot)fr'" <jm(dot)poure(at)freesurf(dot)fr>, pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Wine support
Date: 2002-02-26 20:11:07
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Mark & I have been working on a Wine distro solidly for the last 2 days. The
update in the CVS was required because Wine has real trouble with modal VB
forms (the mod was a command line switch that disabled the vbModal bit).

We did get one of the really early versions to work OK, and are nearly there
with the CVS version. We're taking it really carefully to make it as simple
as possible, and minimise the amount of Microsoft code required. We are also
running *without* a Windows partition :-)

The current work seems only to have an ADO problem (and a minor display
problem with the tool bar, but I think that's just icon compatibility). The
program loads and runs, options can be set, the connection debugger plugin
works and the others are loaded. When connecting we're getting what we think
is an ADO error (Method '~' or object '~' failed). In pgAdmin (1, not 2) we
had a couple of cases of this error on Windows systems and a reinstall of
MDAC fixed the problem. In our case, I think there is a missing dependency
of oledb32.dll which doesn't want to register.

I have a couple of ideas to try when I get to work tomorrow though... When
we're done, Mark was going to write a step by step howto.

Regards, Dave.