Re: Working oin pgAdmin2

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "'jm(dot)poure(at)freesurf(dot)fr'" <jm(dot)poure(at)freesurf(dot)fr>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Working oin pgAdmin2
Date: 2002-02-25 08:14:31
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

No, (well, views, yes). But that's the problem, functions are very dbms
specific. The only way we could incorporate support for these things is by
building an orSchema, an msSchema, an ixSchema... This is a major job that I
do not wish to undertake, though I would consider an ODBC or OLEDB layer. I
think the work involved in getting pgAdmin to work with PostgreSQL 7.3 is
going to be a mammoth task on it's own. the addition of Schemas will cause a
major change in the object hierarchy the effects of which will be felt in
just about every function or subroutine there is.

Regards, Dave.