Re: To-Do List

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "'jm(dot)poure(at)freesurf(dot)fr'" <jm(dot)poure(at)freesurf(dot)fr>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: To-Do List
Date: 2002-02-20 14:13:00
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

I just updated from CVS, checked for uncomitted changes (there weren't any)
and recompiled using BuildAll.bat and everything works perfectly - rename
and alter definition.

> This is not a question of .dll as I recompiled everything a
> restarted the
> computer.

Try a CVS Update.

> > 1) Rollback in case of failure is not yet enabled (or tested?)
> The code is commented. I will uncomment after 2) is fixes.

OK.

> > 2) The new OID is not yet retrieved.
> I really don't know how to do it. Can you do it for me please?

Not right now (sorry, today is rent increase letter day when we print 5000
rent increase notices for our tenants - it's a tad hectic right now), but
it's pretty easy. You know how you re-get the view definition after updating
it, to pick up the syntax changes that PostgreSQL makes to it? All you need
to do is modify the query to get the OID from pg_class as well, and update
lOID.

> > I also noticed that following a 'Refresh Below' on the
> Views icon, the
> > comment for a view on which the definition has been changed
> vanishes.
> > We should probably invalidate the comment cache after the
> > drop/recreate.
> OK, this can be easily done.

Ta.

Regards, Dave.