Re: 8.3.0 upgrade, confused by documentation

From: "Tena Sakai" <tsakai(at)gallo(dot)ucsf(dot)edu>
To: "Chander Ganesan" <chander(at)otg-nc(dot)com>
Cc: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: 8.3.0 upgrade, confused by documentation
Date: 2008-02-11 20:15:14
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi Chander,

Thank you for your explanation. I need a bit more
information/de-confusion, though...

I intend to follow the upgrade installation as much
as I can. Doing so, I have shut down the 8.2.4 (as
shown in step 2) and renamed pgsql to pgsql.old (as
shown in step 3). How would I get the new (8.3.0)
that I just installed via step 4 to dump the database
that's not up? And would I have done steps 5 through 7?

Regards,

Tena Sakai
tsakai(at)gallo(dot)ucsf(dot)edu