Stopping during recovery

From: "John Lister" <john(dot)lister-ps(at)kickstone(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Stopping during recovery
Date: 2010-03-23 11:18:37
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi, I've successfully set up a slave system using WAL archiving and pg_standby, but I have a couple of questions.

I have a couple of questions:

Is it possible to stop the database server (for maintenance for example) and resume the recovery without starting afresh and making a complete backup of the original again?
Secondly is it possible to start the database in "readonly" (using set default_transaction_read_only) and make a query before resuming the recovery?

Thanks

John
--

Got needs? Get Goblin'! - http://www.pricegoblin.co.uk/