[BUG] ?

From: "Geoff Ellis" <geoff(at)metalogicplc(dot)com>
To: <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: "Steve Pitchford" <stevep(at)planmatics(dot)co(dot)uk>, "Steve Baker" <Steve(at)planmatics(dot)co(dot)uk>
Subject: [BUG] ?
Date: 2003-01-16 12:23:12
Lists: pgadmin-support

I was having a lot of trouble the other day and thanks to Tom Lane for his
help in getting me up and running. I did find however that pgAdminII 1.4.12
did not drop triggers properly.

I've enclosed a file which contains the db schema. Although, I couldn't get
it to install the plpgsql language and create the database in pgAdminII so I
had to create those on the command line.

geoff(at)emsdev:~$ createdb test
geoff(at)emsdev:~$ createlang plpgsql test

bug
===

In pgAdmin, if you drop the function first, and refresh the schema, it shows
that the trigger no longer exists on the table blah. However, you would
still see the trigger using the psql interface and will have to drop it here
otherwise you get cache lookup failed errors and can't install the trigger
again as it already exists.

If you drop the trigger first, this works fine. So I guess I'm saying you
need to drop the trigger explicitly rather than doing it via dropping the
function.

Is this a feature or a bug? ;o)

Sorry if this has been made aware...

kind regards

Geoff Ellis
Metalogic PLC
Burnsall Road
Coventry
UK.
+44(0)2476678484

Attachment Content-Type Size
test.sql application/octet-stream 1.1 KB