Implementing SQL ASSERTION

From: Joe Wildish <joe-postgresql(dot)com(at)elusive(dot)cx>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Implementing SQL ASSERTION
Date: 2015-04-30 22:36:32
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi all,

I’m wondering if there are other people out there working on implementing SQL ASSERTION functionality?

I’ve recently spent a bit of time looking to implement the execution models described in “Applied Mathematics for Database Professionals” by Toon Koppelaars and Lex de Haan. I’ve gotten as far as execution model 3 and am now looking at deriving polarity of involved tables to do EM4 (described in some detail in “Deriving Production Rules for Constraint Maintenance”, Ceri & Widom, VLDB Conference 1990, p555-577). EM5 & EM6 look rather more difficult but I’m intending to try and implement those, too.

If there are other people working on this stuff it would be great to collaborate.

Regards.
-Joe