is any of the SQL parser exposed ?

From: Mark Rostron <mrostron(at)ql2(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: is any of the SQL parser exposed ?
Date: 2010-11-25 02:04:22
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi
We are running a mixture of 8.3 and 8.4 server versions.
We are putting together a historical log of statement patterns of long running statement output ( via log_min_duration_statement), extracted from csv files in pg_log.

I would like to take a statement of form, say,
"select columns from mytable where column1 = "hard-code-text-value'" (or whatever)
And then store it as a more general pattern like
"select columns from mytable where column1 = $1"

The latter form would be more useful for profiling an app.
However, I cannot find a simple way to get the database to expose the parse results at any point.

Any thoughts?

Mr