Windows psql changes after 8.1.1

From: John DeSoi <desoi(at)pgedit(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL-development Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Windows psql changes after 8.1.1
Date: 2006-11-23 14:00:57
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

My editor starts a shell session to communicate with psql. On builds
after 8.1.1 this is no longer working on Windows. It seems that I'm
no longer getting the password prompt (even if using the -W).
Everything appears to be the same as before if I run interactively
from the command line. I tried to compare the source, but I could not
find anything that would explain the difference (and no problems on
the Mac).

Any suggestions on where to look?

Thanks and Happy Thanksgiving,

John