Re: [WIP] CREATE SUBSCRIPTION with FOR TABLES clause (table filter)

From: Andrey Borodin <x4mmm(at)yandex-team(dot)ru>
To: Evgeniy Efimkin <efimkin(at)yandex-team(dot)ru>
Cc: Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>, "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Дмитрий Сарафанников <dsarafan(at)yandex-team(dot)ru>, Владимир Бородин <root(at)simply(dot)name>
Date: 2018-12-24 10:03:48
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi! Thanks for working on the patch!

> 6 дек. 2018 г., в 21:47, Evgeniy Efimkin <efimkin(at)yandex-team(dot)ru> написал(а):
> And i don't know how do export for user created subscriptions, because now non superuser can't select subconninfo column

BTW, docs say

>When dumping logical replication subscriptions, pg_dump will generate CREATE SUBSCRIPTION commands that use the NOCONNECT option

But I do not see NOCONNECT anywhere and specifically in CREATE SUBSCRIPTION section. There is only "WITH (connect = false)".
And "with (connect = false)" (as in dumpSubscription() now) dump will be successfully restored.
pg_dump now checks for superuser at getSubscriptions(), I think you should patch this too.

In current form, from my POV, most important issue of this patch is complete lack of doc adjustment. And you can fix "NOCONNECT" thing there too.

Please, avoid top-posting (quoting whole message under your reply), this makes harder to read archives at postgresql.org
And also please send patches with version number to distinguish old and new versions.

Best regards, Andrey Borodin.