Re: GSoC 2017 : Patch for predicate locking in Gist index

From: Andrey Borodin <x4mmm(at)yandex-team(dot)ru>
To: Shubham Barai <shubhambaraiss(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnaka(at)iki(dot)fi>, pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Kevin Grittner <kgrittn(at)gmail(dot)com>, Andrew Borodin <amborodin86(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: GSoC 2017 : Patch for predicate locking in Gist index
Date: 2017-08-16 09:58:08
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi, hackers!

> 21 июня 2017 г., в 12:52, Shubham Barai <shubhambaraiss(at)gmail(dot)com> написал(а):
>
> Hi,
> I know that. This is the old version of the patch. I had sent updated patch later. Please have a look at updated patch.
>
> Regards,
> Shubham

Here is some information for reviewers. This applies to patches for GiST, Hash, GIN and SP-GiST.

As a mentor of the Shubham's GSoC project for every patch regarding predicate locking I have checked:
0. Correctness of implementation (places of predicate lock function calls, but, anyway, this point deserves special attention)
1. Patch applies and installcheck-world passes
2. Patch contains new isolation tests
3. These tests fail if indexes do not implement predicate locking
4. Patch updates documentation

Shubham also had checked that patches work (install check-world) on 1Kb, 8Kb and 32Kb pages.

Best regards, Andrey Borodin, Yandex.