Help to expand on the TOE framework

From: "Demertzoglou, Pindaro" <demerp(at)rpi(dot)edu>
To: <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Help to expand on the TOE framework
Date: 2006-10-27 15:30:01
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

Dear all,

First, I hope this is the right place to put this request. If it is not
I would like to apologize to the moderator and the list participants.
Your help and any suggestions are very welcome.

I am a young faculty member of the business school at Rensselaer
Polytechnic Institute (rpi.com) and in love with databases. I worked a
lot with commercial databases but lately I am doing research on OS
RDBMSs.

I would be most appreciative if you could help with my research efforts
on open source databases. I am working and trying to expand the TOE
(organizational, technological and environmental) framework trying to
identify factors that lead to adoption of open source databases by
organizations.

If you have a few minutes I would like your help to respond to an
academic survey. It takes from 9 to 12 minutes to respond and you can
find the survey at:

http://www.databasechannel.com/survey.asp?varid=2

The only credentials for participants are: to be working for a company
and have some input in database decisions.

I do not have a gift to give you but I will send the results of the
analysis to any respondent who will leave an email address at the
textbox at the bottom of the page.

On behalf of the research team, I would like to thank you very much in
advance for your very valuable time and cooperation.

Sincerely,

Pindaro Demertzoglou
Clinical Assistant Professor
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute