WAL & ZFS

From: Scott Ribe <scott_ribe(at)elevated-dev(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin <pgsql-admin(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: WAL & ZFS
Date: 2022-03-30 21:32:36
Lists: pgsql-admin

I've read all the info I could find re running PG on ZFS: turn off full page writes, turn on lz4, tweak recordsize so as to take advantage of compression, etc. One thing I haven't seen is whether a separate volume for WAL would benefit from a larger recordsize. Or any other tweaks???

--
Scott Ribe
scott_ribe(at)elevated-dev(dot)com