Re: Compiling postgresql

From: "Delao, Darryl W" <ddelao(at)ou(dot)edu>
To: 'Tom Lane' <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, "Delao, Darryl W" <ddelao(at)ou(dot)edu>
Cc: pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Compiling postgresql
Date: 2003-03-06 21:02:16
Lists: pgsql-docs

Yes, 512 concurrent connections. I have the db running on a dual xeon 2.4
ghz machine with 6 gig of ram...basically, im not even touching the ram at
this point. If I wanted to increase to say 1024, then your saying I need to
look into the kernel-level limits? When I tried to set it to 1024 before,
the postgres service wouldn't even start. Do you think the reason for that
was some sort of kernel level problem or setting that needed to be tweaked?

Thanks,
Darryl