Compiling postgresql

From: "Delao, Darryl W" <ddelao(at)ou(dot)edu>
To: pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Compiling postgresql
Date: 2003-03-06 18:16:35
Lists: pgsql-docs

As it stands, I have postgres set to a max limit of 512 users. I have been
told and read some material to where anything above 512 users may require re
compiling postgres. I have installed postgres via a RPM and therefore have
never had to compile postgres before. My main concern is what would I need
to change other than the user limit to make postgres to where it would
accept connections higher than 512 and what steps are involved in the
compiling process. Right now, if I try to set the user limit above 512,
postgres simply will not start. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you!
Darryl