PostgreSQL 7.3.3 on Windows 2000

From: "T(dot)J(dot) Hoo" <tjhoo(at)tm(dot)net(dot)my>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: PostgreSQL 7.3.3 on Windows 2000
Date: 2003-07-12 02:15:43
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi!

I don't want to use PostgreSQL "the Unix way" on Windows and so I did not
install the Cygwin and tried to compile using Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0.

Unfortunately, I encounter the following error when execute psql on Windows
2000,

psql: could not create socket: Address family not supported
(0x0000273F/10047)

Do you have any idea of what could be the problem?