8.2.3 AutoVacuum not running

From: "Schwenker, Stephen" <SSchwenker(at)thestar(dot)ca>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: 8.2.3 AutoVacuum not running
Date: 2007-04-05 18:06:18
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello,

I've just compiled an instance of Postgresql 8.2.3 on a new linux box
and have added some databases to it. I've noticed however that the
autovacuum is not running. I have turned on the autovacuum,
stats_start_collector, and stats_row_level and still the autovacuum is
not running.

Can anyone give me a hand. I have an 8.1.x instance on another maching
and it runs perfectly and I see records in the log telling me that the
vacuum is running.

Thank you,

Steve.