DELETE performance issues

From: "Schwenker, Stephen" <SSchwenker(at)thestar(dot)ca>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: DELETE performance issues
Date: 2006-10-27 19:40:51
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello,

I'm having a performance issue with postgresql. I'm using it with JBoss
BPM api and when I use the api to delete a process instance from the
database, it seems like the delete requests are taking quite a long time
to delete. I've also noticed that when I execute the delete, the cpu
load on the postgresql process on the server ramps up to 100%. Can
someone tell me what logging I can turn on so I can figure out what is
causing the high load and slow deletes? I can then use that info to tune
the runtime parameters.

Thank you,

Steve.