EPOCH time vs PG timestamp

From: Louie Kwan <lkwan(at)nuvo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: EPOCH time vs PG timestamp
Date: 2004-03-10 15:32:56
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi All,

I am doing a data warehouse project using postgresql and I need warehousing
data from different operational systems, like, Remedy and NNM, etc...

Some data is time sensetive, I am thinking to use epoch as the format of the
time instead of Postgre Timestamp data type !!

The challenge for me is that different operational systems are using
different data format, for example, Remedy is using epoch time and NNM has
it own format.. when I do ETL ... I think I need to choose a time format and
I may prefer to use epoch time.

Any comment or any experience ?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,