Game Job Opportunities

From: Marta Daglow <mdaglow(at)daglowconsulting(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-jobs(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-jobs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Game Job Opportunities
Date: 2008-10-10 05:09:00
Lists: pgsql-jobs

Weekly Opportunities Listings - As of October 9, 2008

Locations: SF, Marin, San Mateo, Redwood City

Does one of these scenarios describe you?

* You've been coding and/or playing games since you were 8.
* You're an accomplished in the games business and want to make a change.
* You've spent the past 10 years of your life writing non-game software and now it is time for a change because you have a passion for games.
* You want to work for a fun and engaging company.
* You don't want to work long hours.
* You want to work with accomplished people and make a difference in this business.

Then read on ...

Game Company #1

The CEO of one of my newer clients describes his organization as a mid-core MMO company. His startup production team has lots of creative control. The VCs who backed this company also backed Netflix and myspace.com. The company has a positive, respectful culture and regular work hours. Strong salaries and stock are offered.

Opportunities include:

Technical Director

Sr. Server Engineer: Java, C++
Sr. 3D Client Engineer
C++ Software Engineer

Game Company #2

This online social gaming company located in San Francisco is well-funded by a quality VC firm. The organization is looking for top talent who can thrive in a fast paced, entrepreneurial, technology focused culture. The company has a positive and respectful culture. Strong salaries and stock are offered.

Opportunities include:

PHP Web Developers

Java Web Developers

Lead AS3 Developer

Flash Developers

Game Company #3

This major league online Casual game company located in San Mateo creates online, downloadable and mobile games. The company is expanding into new markets and platforms and looking for top talent. The company has a positive, respectful culture. Strong salaries and stock are offered.

Opportunities include:

Online Designer/Producer

C++ Engineer

UE Designer

Game Company #4

MMO game company is led by a Creative Director who delivered high profile games as a Lead Game Designer and Programmer in the video game industry. If you want to work on a product that is major in scope, currently being designed for a worldwide audience and has unique game play innovations, you may want to consider their opportunities. The company has a positive and respectful culture. Strong salaries and stock are offered.

Opportunities include:

Flash Developer

Sr. C++ Game Programmer

Tools Programmer

Lead Modeler

Technical Art Director

Java, Ruby, .net or PHP Sr. Web Application Engineer

Game Company #5

If you love kids titles, building a game on an online virtual world and working in Redwood City, you may want to consider this opportunity. You'll also work on a stunning assortment of games. The company has a positive, family friendly and respectful culture. This company is looking for top talent who'd love to contribute to the creative process and make a difference in this business. Strong salaries and stock are offered.

Opportunities include:

Web Developer - Entry

Sr. Web Game Engineer

Sr. Web Developer

Game Company #6

The last on this list, but not the least of my clients is a video game developer (located in Marin) founded by a group of former LucasArts employees. If you enjoy working on adventure games, this company would be interested in you.

Opportunities include:

3D Technical Director

Sr. C++ Engineer

Sr. C++ Software Engineer - Core Technology

3D Graphics Engineer

Relocation assistance is available.

Thanks for taking the time to review the opportunities that I'm recruiting for. If you are interested or know of someone who is interested in any of these jobs, please don't hesitate to refer this post to them. If you would like to subscribe to future Weekly Opportunity Listings, please email me.

I'm in the search business and have lots of expertise in hiring top talent in the Web 2.0 and Games business. I can provide you with advice regarding the right next step to take in your career, as well as review your resume and give you insights on ways it can enhance the search process.

If you're the right person for any of these openings we'll talk about the opportunity first and you will only be referred to companies that you choose.

Kind Regards,

Marta Daglow | mdaglow(at)daglowconsulting(dot)com | 415.461.5845
Search firm (no fee to applicant) specializing in finding top talent in the Web 2.0 and Games space (Online, Social, Casual, Core for Handheld, Console, PC) for award-winning and high profile companies.