Re: Comparing Dates

From: Thomas F(dot)O'Connell <tfo(at)sitening(dot)com>
To: Nick Peters <nick(dot)peters(at)candoltd(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Comparing Dates
Date: 2004-11-18 21:15:30
Lists: pgsql-sql

Nick,

You need to quote your date constant value:

'2004-06-08'

select '2004-06-08'::date > 2004-06-08;
?column?
----------
(1 row)

select 2004-06-08;
?column?
1990

I'm not exactly sure how the bare string is converted internally, but
it's clearly not a complete date like you're expecting.

-tfo

--
Thomas F. O'Connell
Co-Founder, Information Architect