Little Problem with cygwin and PostgreSQL

From: "First Name Last Name" <jokiento(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Little Problem with cygwin and PostgreSQL
Date: 2001-12-28 18:00:39
Lists: pgsql-cygwin

Hi everybody,

I was using PostgreSQL and cygwin for a while without problems,
but 6 months ago I installed new versions and since then I have
the following problems:
pq_recvbuf: unexpected EOF on client connection
pq_recvbuf: recv() failed: The descriptor is a file, not a socket.

I readed all the mailing lists, but nothing helps. I am using
Windows 98 Ver 4.10 and installed cygwin 1.3.6-6, postgresql 7.1.3-1 and
cygipc-1.11-1, but the problems still remain.

The problem appears when my program (in java) finishes the
connection with the database.

In fact, it is not a serious problem, since everything works well,
only that when the programs try to finalize the connection those
messages appears.

Perhaps the problem lies in the version of my pgsql.jar file. If
so, where can I find the latest version of pgsql.jar for postgreSQL 7.1.3?.

Thanks