ERROR: parser: parse error at or near

From: "* *" <southpark2407(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: ERROR: parser: parse error at or near
Date: 2002-09-03 16:29:55
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Thanx to those who responded. Unfortunately I haven't been able to solve my
problem. Using this statement I get the error:

ERROR: parser: parse error at or near "="

SQL = "Select users . first_name, users . last_name, profiles .
profile_name, countries . city, countries . province, countries . country,
users . email_address from profiles INNER JOIN companies ON profiles .
owner_id_bus. = companies . company_id INNER JOIN users ON companies .
default_contact_id = users . user_id INNER JOIN countries ON companies .
location_id = countries . id WHERE profiles . profile_name='" + strName +
"'";

If I put single quotes on profiles i get the error
ERROR: parser: parse error at or near "'"

If I put double quotes on profiles i get 2 compile errors