Re: Build failure on thrips

From: Christian Ullrich <chris(at)chrullrich(dot)net>
To: Michael Meskes <meskes(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, PostgreSQL Hacker <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Build failure on thrips
Date: 2017-08-26 16:54:18
Lists: pgsql-hackers

* Michael Meskes wrote:

>> It's not just thrips. Of the Windows machines that have reported in
>> since
>> that commit, only currawong and baiji passed. Although lorikeet,
>> woodlouse, bowerbird, and brolga are showing green, this proves
>> nothing
>> because they're all configured to skip the ecpg check (... I wonder
>> why).
>
> I would assume it works on woodlouse as the patch has been submitted by
> woodlouse's owner.

woodlouse does not do ecpg-check, and Tom is right anyway. I need to get a large sign nailed to my forehead that says "Postgres is C, and declarations must come first."

I'm not sure, and not able to find out right this moment, why thrips' compiler does not accept this code now, because I tested it on thrips (and woodlouse, IIRC) before I sent it in.

--
Christian