Building Fault Tolerant/Failover PGSQL Systems

From: "special agent "k"" <chickensoda(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Building Fault Tolerant/Failover PGSQL Systems
Date: 2001-04-29 04:30:09
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

I'm new to postgresql...but so far i love it...after working with companies
that have spent millions of dollars on the big "O" i must say pgsql is a
breath of fresh air...nice work to all who contributed.

I'm looking at building a fault tolerant/failover database [hot standby]
system using pgsql. I have setup and tested out DRBD and it works pretty
well...althoug no work seams to have been done on it for a while. I
also just found out about eRserver but have not tried it out yet.

Does anyone have suggestions/recommendations for a good system that can be
used for a high volume commercially available application.

Thanks!

Shawn