Re: Timestamp vs timestamptz

From: Michael Glaesemann <grzm(at)seespotcode(dot)net>
To: Agent M <agentm(at)themactionfaction(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Timestamp vs timestamptz
Date: 2006-07-14 05:11:18
Lists: pgsql-general

On Jul 13, 2006, at 21:49 , Agent M wrote:

> For example, flight arrival information should probably include the
> timezone of the destination.

Of course, for this example you'd also want to know *where* the
flight is arriving, which would also let you know the appropriate
time zone in an indirect way. Hopefully we'll be able to store time
zone information with the timestamp sometime. It's been discussed
before, but I don't believe a concrete proposal has been put forward
yet.

Michael Glaesemann
grzm seespotcode net