how to test whether a table existed?

From: "Yi Dong" <yrdong(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: how to test whether a table existed?
Date: 2002-09-27 06:17:54
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Hey, I have a simple question to ask, how do you write something like

if a table named "XXX" exits in java?

I read the java.sql api and did abit of research but couldn't find anything
about it. It just one of those things which take 1 min to explain but 3
hours to find it on the web so could somebody please give me a hint....

regards

Yi Dong