Bug report.

From: Anil Jangam <anilj(at)indts(dot)com>
To: "'Dave Page'" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
Cc: pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Bug report.
Date: 2001-12-19 06:56:10
Lists: pgsql-cygwin

HI Dave,

Well this is just a pgAdmin GUI error while defining the foreign key
relationship.

Here is the steps to reproduce it.

1. After defining the columns in the given table.
2. Go to the 'Foreign Keys' tab (There it will pop up a menu).
3. Now in this menu, in the 'Properties' along with the other properties,
there is 'Referenced Table' pull down menu.
Here you will select the table where you want to refer to.
4. After selecting this table, I go to the 'Relationships' tab.
5. Here, there are two lists, 'Local Column' and 'Referenced Column'.

Now the problem is...

When I select the 'Referenced Table', first time, the 'Referenced Column'
contains all the columns from the selected table. This is a valid behavior.
Now if I go back to the 'Properties' and select another table (say you chose
a wrong table earlier), and come back to the 'Relationships', the
'Referenced Column' contains all the columns from the last tables (which is
wrong selection) and the new selection.

I think this is not correct. Whenever you select the new 'Referenced Table'
name, the 'Referenced Column' list should also get refreshed accordingly so
that it will show columns of 'Referenced Table' only.

As its not a severe bug, does not affect the functionality.

-regds,
anil.