Requirement for pgAdmin browser.

From: Anil Jangam <anilj(at)indts(dot)com>
To: "'Dave Page'" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>, "'pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Requirement for pgAdmin browser.
Date: 2001-12-14 13:04:06
Lists: pgsql-cygwin pgsql-hackers

Hi Dave,

It is observed that while creating table, once we define the attributes and
their properties, we can not change the attribute type. e.g. If we have
defined an attribute of type int. Now if one want to change it to numeric,
it is not allowed thorugh the pgAdmin GUI. However we have the option of
further addition of the attribute to the table. Also it is not possible to
remove the present attribute(s) in the table.

Is this a valid to have this kind of restriction if one want to do similar
change?? I think either we have to go to the psql prompt and use some
command, or refine the whole table after dropping the old one.

Is there any solution to this through GUI, as it is easy to do it.

-anil.