Re: Database - Table browing problem.

From: Anil Jangam <anilj(at)indts(dot)com>
To: "'Dave Page'" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>, "'pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Database - Table browing problem.
Date: 2001-12-14 11:09:54
Lists: pgsql-cygwin

> > Here is another doubt. When the table is created from the
> > psql console, its not pssible to see its proerties in the
> > pgAdmin interface. However I can see the table details e.g.
> > columns, checks, FKs etc. The error message says:
> >
> > An error has occured in pgAdminII:frmMain.tvTable
> > Number: 2147467259
> > Error:person: permission denied.
>
> Are you running pgAdmin as the postgresql superuser?

No, as a user I created (using createuser).. Where as when I am logging to
the psql, its just the psql <database name>. The user while this login, I
think is the default one i.e. "Administrator(at)ANILJ" (this is also the bash
prompt). How do I set the pgSQL user when I create the table and so the
owner of the whole database. See the description of the command:
(CREATE DATABASE creates a new Postgres database. The creator becomes the
owner of the new database.)

-anil.