Re: Vacuum and FSM page size

From: "Thomas Lozza" <thomas(dot)lozza(at)nexustelecom(dot)com>
To: "Scott Marlowe" <scott(dot)marlowe(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: <pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Vacuum and FSM page size
Date: 2008-01-27 23:01:30
Lists: pgsql-performance

Thanks for the advice.
I used the default settings before, thought though that vacuum was a bit
aggressive, ie, using too many resources. Now its taking very long. So
will have to find reasonable settings in between I guess.

On the other hand, if I keep the fsm_page number high enough, the system
should be fine with a low number of vacuum cycles, right. As memory is
not really scarce (16G, 32 bit PG though) an x million fsm_page entry
should be ok. Any thoughts on that?

cheers,
-- tom.