Re: BUG #3736: server cannot listen

From: Douglas Toltzman <doug(at)oakstreetsoftware(dot)com>
To: "Derek" <derek(dot)hopkins(at)nisc(dot)coop>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #3736: server cannot listen
Date: 2007-11-09 16:53:57
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Have you checked your PostgreSQL configuration? Have you checked
your firewall? Did you read the last line of the text you posted,
where it says "Please check this thoroughly before reporting a bug to
the PostgreSQL community" ?

I give kudos to the support team for being very tolerant and
patient. Please don't blame them for my saying this is probably a
system configuration error, and if you had bothered to read the
message, or the installation guide, you would not be reporting a bug.