Fw: BUG #5640: ODBC driver installed but not found

From: "Hannu Pohjanpalo" <hannu(dot)pohjanpalo(at)winware(dot)fi>
To: "Craig Ringer" <craig(at)postnewspapers(dot)com(dot)au>
Cc: <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Fw: BUG #5640: ODBC driver installed but not found
Date: 2010-09-07 16:53:39
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Thanks Craig for your answer, and sorry for a late response. I did try the
c:\windows\system32\odbcad32 program, and pressed Add... but it does not
show any postgreSQL drivers. The driver I got installed by running
Application Stack Builder 2.1.0 is psqlODBC v09.04.0200-1, and it was
installed in both c:\Program Files\psqlODBC\0804\bin and in c:\Program
Files
(x86)\psqlODBC\0804\bin.

I then looked at the registry and found that in
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ODBC\ODBCINST.INI there were only these two
SQLServer entries but no postgreSQL entries (like there is in my Vista PC,
where the ODBC works fine). I edited the keys and values there, as copies
from the Vista PC, but that did not help. - Finally I found the PostgreSQL
entries in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\ODBC\ODBCINST.INI, but
obviously odbcad32.exe cannot find them no matter where these keys are.

Anyway, the database works well via pgAdmin III, but the ODBC does not. I
cannot setup a data source with odbcad32. I hope this info above helps you
understand what might be wrong. Has anyone got the ODBC working in a
Windows 7 Pro 64 bit?

Hannu