Compiling pgAgent on FreeBSD 8

From: "Benjamin Krajmalnik" <kraj(at)illumen(dot)com>
To: <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Compiling pgAgent on FreeBSD 8
Date: 2010-04-23 18:04:41
Lists: pgadmin-support

As you may be aware, there is no longer a port for pgagent (which used
to be part of the pgadmin port).

I am building a new box (FreeBSD 8) and having some issues compiling
pgagent from source.

I already installed pgadmin, so the wxwidgets are already installed.

These are the steps which I took after installing pgadmin:

1. Downloaded the tarball and placed in in /usr/ports/distfiles/pgAgent

2. Extracted the tarball into
/usr/ports/distfiles/pgAgent/pgAgent-3.0.1-Source

3. Executed ccmake /usr/ports/distfiles/pgAgent/pgAgent-3.0.1-Source

4. Selected option "c" to creare the configuration file.

This is as far as it gets, with the following error:

CMake Error at cmake/FindWX.cmake:317 (MESSAGE):

No wxWidgets installation could be found.

Call Stack (most recent call first):

CMakeLists.txt:91 (FIND_PACKAGE)

This is as far as it gets . Cheking for installed wx packages I get the
following:

admin2# portversion | grep wx

wxgtk2-common =

wxgtk2-contrib-common =

wxgtk2-unicode =

wxgtk2-unicode-contrib =

So obviously the wx packages are there.

Any guidance on compiling pgagent on FreeBSD from source would be deeply
appreciated.