Threads limit for postmaster

From: "Igor Neyman" <ineyman(at)perceptron(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
Subject: Threads limit for postmaster
Date: 2010-02-26 16:24:02
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello all,

I found this conversation in mailing lists archives:

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-general/2007-11/msg01669.php

OP in this conversation exactly describes my current problem (thread
limit for postmaster running on Windows).

I'm running 8.2.5, which predates this conversation, and unfortunately
in the nearest future I'm not able to upgrade to newer major releas (8.3
or 8.4).
But I could upgrade to latest 8.2.15 easily.
In the convesation Magnus H. mentions possible fix "backport" into 8.2.

I looked through all 8.2 release notes (upto 8.2.15), but couldn't find
any reference to this fix beeing backported into 8.2.

So, was it or was it not backported into 8.2.5?

Magnus, sorry for sending this message to you directly (as well as to
the list), but it's a really "hot" issue for me.

Regards,
Igor Neyman