Re: New gist vacuum.

From: Andrey Borodin <x4mmm(at)yandex-team(dot)ru>
To: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: Костя Кузнецов <chapaev28(at)ya(dot)ru>, Jeff Janes <jeff(dot)janes(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: New gist vacuum.
Date: 2017-11-12 18:20:24
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hello!

> 31 янв. 2016 г., в 17:18, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com> написал(а):
>
> Костя Кузнецов wrote:
>
> You never got around to submitting the updated version of this patch,
> and it's been a long time now, so I'm marking it as returned with
> feedback for now. Please do submit a new version once you have it,
> since this seems to be very useful.

I've rebased patch (see attachment), it seems to work. It still requires a bit of styling, docs and tests, at least.
Also, I thinks that hash table is not very good option if we have all pages there: we should either use array or do not fill table for every page.

If author and community do not object, I want to continue work on Konstantin's patch.

Best regards, Andrey Borodin.

Attachment Content-Type Size
0001-GiST-VACUUM-rebase.patch application/octet-stream 33.1 KB