Re: Fix number skipping in to_number

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Oliver Ford <ojford(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Thomas Munro <thomas(dot)munro(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, Pg Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Fix number skipping in to_number
Date: 2017-11-12 19:00:42
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Oliver Ford <ojford(at)gmail(dot)com> writes:
> [ 0001-apply-number-v3.patch ]

I looked at this patch briefly and have a couple of comments:

* It seems entirely wrong to be matching to L_thousands_sep in the
NUM_COMMA case; that format code is by definition not locale aware,
so it should be matching to plain ',' independently of locale.

* Don't we need to fix the NUM_L (currency symbol) case in the
same manner? (The NUM_D and NUM_S cases are handled in
NUM_numpart_from_char and seem ok at a quick glance.)

* I'm not in love with the noadd flag. Other places in this
switch that want to skip the final increment do it with
"continue", and I think this should do likewise.