pgaccess

From: "Eduardo Jos Hernndez Cisneros" <ejhernand3z(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: pgaccess
Date: 2002-02-27 22:34:06
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi, I am a new user of PostgreSQL and a new user of RedHat Linux 7.2. I
installed PostgreSQL 7.2 (http://people.redhat.com/teg/pg/) I would like to
use "pgaccess" to manipulate my databases, but when I run:

%pgaccess atpcdb

I got this error:

Error trying to connect to database 'atpcdb' on host localhost.
PostgreSQL error message: Connection to database failed
Could not connect to server: Connection refused
Is the server running on host localhost and accepting TCP/IP connections on
port 5432?

I suppose that I need to add -i option to the database server (postmaster)
but in the scrip file: /etc/init.d/postgresql I do not know where to add it.
Is it right? How can I resolve this?

Best Regards

Eduardo