postres, odbc and adox

From: "Tom Cook" <tomandkellycook(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: postres, odbc and adox
Date: 2002-09-13 14:27:22
Lists: pgsql-odbc

I'm hoping that you can help me. I have written a MS C++ application that
uses ADO and ADOX to communicate to the ODBC drivers. I am trying to use
the PostGres ODBC driver but I am having problems in using the
ADOX::_CatalogPtr and inserting the connection:

m_pCatalog->PutActiveConnection("Provider=MSDASQL.1;Persist
Security Info=False;User ID=postgres;Data Source=PostgreSQL");

The ADO side of things works fine but if I want to do anything with ADOX
such as create a table, when I attempt to build the catalog based on a
postgres connection string, I get a _com_error. Do you have any idea as to
how to handle this? Does the your postgres ODBC driver not support ADOX?
Could I be doing something wrong?

Many thanks for your help,
Tom