Array Support Fix

From: "Greg Zoller" <gzoller(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Array Support Fix
Date: 2001-08-21 20:12:20
Lists: pgsql-patches

As noted by Barry, the Array ResultSet methods should use
an Encoding scheme. Now they do.

The Array.java file can now hopefully be included in the
snapshot.

This latest patch is gzipped to avoid my mailer's annoying
word-wrap. Unpack to src/interfaces/java/org/posgresql
and apply with: patch -p1 < patch.txt
Patch was created for the latest (as of 8/22/01) dev snapshot.

For this go-round I did not break formatting in ResultSet
into a separate utility class because the Timestamp code
needs access to a data member 'sbuf' that seems to be
present only in jdbc2.ResultSet. Why is this, and can it
be standardized? Either it shouldn't be a data member
(just create a new StringBuffer ever time like jdbc1.ResultSet)
or move this member up a level to org.postgresql.ResultSet
where a utility class can use it independently of JDBC version.
Long story short... didn't touch anything here for now.

Take care
Greg