pg_hba.conf setup

From: "Ben Sullins" <ben(dot)sullins(at)ourvacationstore(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: pg_hba.conf setup
Date: 2005-09-29 21:00:49
Lists: pgsql-admin

Greetings,

I am attempting to setup a DTS package in Sql Server that will copy over
data from a Postgres database. I have followed the instructions found
here
(http://techdocs.postgresql.org/techdocs/usingpostgresqlwithdotnet.php)
but am still unable to connect. The error I receive when connecting is
"No pg_hba.conf entry for host <myipaddy>, user <myuser>, database
<mydb>".

I logged onto the linux box via ssh and edited the file by adding a line
in pg_hba.conf for my ip. I'm thinking it other lines above my new entry
could be affecting my access restrictions. Below are the lines in order
as they appear in pg_hba.conf. Any assistance will be most appreciated.

-------

local all all ident sameuser

host all all 127.0.0.1 255.255.255.255 md5

-------

Thanks,

--

Ben Sullins