Re: Win32 native port question

From: "Brother Tuck" <brothertuck72(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net
Cc: pgsql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org, Jason(dot)Tishler(at)dothill(dot)com, mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net
Subject: Re: Win32 native port question
Date: 2001-05-18 16:18:58
Lists: pgsql-ports

Hi,
Because ... ;c) (joke)

1 - When you want to sell product coming from Unix world to Microsoft
system. Only for comercial reason.

2 - With native normally performance are improved. In my compagny
we have done some port using Cygnus and now we go back to native
port just for the performance.

Some other products which come from Unix are natively port on Windows. I
notice that a simple question make a lot of mails.;c)
Microsoft Fans or Administrators don't want to put additional product such
cygnus. I don't know why ? I understand when you say that port postgreSql on
Windows will be the same than rewrite Postgresql.
Anyway as I said before, it just a question.

Regards,
Emmanuel Soden