Relation does not exist

From: "Brian Schroeder" <bjswm(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Relation does not exist
Date: 2002-05-08 02:23:08
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hi everyone.

I am new to this list, and a real novice with databases.

A while back I created a database using postgres 7.03 in Mandrake 7.2.
It is a catalog for all my books.

Although not really knowing what I was doing, I have recently upgraded
it to 7.2 along with Mandrake 8.2. I did a dump_all from 7.03, and
then read it all in to psql in 7.2.

When I try to view the database, everything is there and looks OK. But
if I try to insert a new entry I get the following error:

ERROR: Relation "books_bookid_seq" does not exist.

Using phpPgadmin shows:

Field Type Length Not Null Default
BookId Int4 4 Yes nextval('Books_BookID_seq'::text)

What do I need to do?

Brian