Why would Postgres not show in my data connections (Win 7)

From: "Della-Croce, Gregory" <Greg_Della-Croce(at)wycliffe(dot)org>
To: "pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Why would Postgres not show in my data connections (Win 7)
Date: 2012-06-05 17:11:18
Lists: pgsql-odbc

As a novice to Postgres I have a small problem. I ran the install of the ODBC Postgres drivers (psplodbc35w.dll), and I verified that the file exists. However when I go to the Data Source manager in Windows 7 (Home Premium) Postgres is not a database type in the list. Can anyone point me to what I may have done wrong? A link, article, anything!

Greg Della-Croce
Applications Administrator

Greg_Della-Croce(at)Wycliffe(dot)org
SKYPE: GDellaCroce55
Cell: 407-408-2572
THINK ON THIS:
"All that is valuable in human society depends upon the opportunity for development accorded the individual" ~ Albert Einstein
"All this is valuable in Christ's Kingdom depens upon the opportunity for development accorded the individual by the Holy Spirit to Glorify the Father" ~ Greg Della-Croce