ecpg

From: "Chris McNett" <chrismcnett(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: ecpg
Date: 2000-09-09 23:39:58
Lists: pgsql-novice

(Remember to reply to both me and the list, as I do not subscribe to the
list.)

I am using ecpg and get error -402 (cannot connect to database). The
database works fine with the psql command. It probably won't help, but here
is my code:

#include <stdio.h>

main()
{
EXEC SQL BEGIN DECLARE SECTION;
/* list of declarations */
EXEC SQL END DECLARE SECTION;
int i;
EXEC SQL INCLUDE sqlca;
EXEC SQL CONNECT databasename; /* error happens here */
if(sqlca.sqlcode)
printf("Error connecting to database server.<br>errcode
%d",sqlca.sqlcode);
/* more code to access database */
EXEC SQL COMMIT RELEASE;
return(0);
}

It compiled fine and linked successfully with libecpg and libpq.

Thanks!